Sarah gives you 10 minutes of crack to help you through your break up. A short but powerful lil episode for anyone going through heartbreak right now. Jade is sick so lower your expectations and embrace Sarah’s crass comfort.
Also. A special announcement about a cool thing launching this Friday, and how to contribute to the next Fuck off and die book.
- A great Ted Talk by Guy Winch about How to Fix a Broken Heart.
- More on how the brain reacts to a breakup:
- Our brains appear to process relationship breakups in the same regions as physical pain. This doesn’t however, mean that romantic rejection causes actual physical pain.
- Rather, your brain is signalling that both are important events to pay attention to.
- There may be an evolutionary reason for this. The function of pain is to alert the person to physical danger or harm so she can take protective action.
- In the animal kingdom, one’s chances of avoiding predators are much higher as part of a group than alone, therefore social rejection may have been an actual threat to physical survival for our early ancestors.
- If this is the case, it might partially explain how difficult it is for many people to let go of the ex-partner and move on.
- Sourced from The Neuroscience of Relationship Breakups.