It’s Halloween so we’re sharing horror stories about the scariest and creepiest monsters of all time. YOUR. EXES. This episode throws our usual format out the window, because we’re wild bitches.
You’ll hear Jade provide expert commentary on the science of zombies. Sarah offer to put candy in her vagina in order to attract a virile young male in his mid-twenties, and other creepy AF stories, that are in fact real – which just makes it so much worse.
If you’ve had an ex-monster in your life and want to offload, feel free to DM us on Instagram with your horror story.
- Say hello to our ex monsters here. If you dare.
- An article about how Hollywood makes stalking behaviour seem like romance. Um. It’s fucking not! Twilight is used as an example here. (And we agree.)
- Narcissists are blood sucking vampires, and unfortunately exist IRL. If you’re unlucky enough to have one in your life, or if you’re recovering from a narcissist, here are some resources to support you.
- Doctor Ramani is a licensed clinical psychologist and professor of psychology who has useful information on narcissism.
Zombie science, sexism and mama’s boys
- Jade is an expert in zombies, so here is some Zombie Science to sate your desire for undead knowledge.
- What actually is sexism? Because we don’t seem to know.
- More information you don’t need to know about mama’s boys.
- “Mother’s boy, also mummy’s boy or mama’s boy, is a slang term for a man seen as having an unhealthy dependence on his mother at an age at which he is expected to be self-reliant (e.g. live on his own, be economically independent, be married or about to be married).”
Tortured artists are passé
- Turns out you CAN be an artist without being tortured.
- Elizabeth Gilbert talks about this in her TED talk titled Your elusive creative genius.
Men that hurt women are the worst kind of monster
- Werewolves suck and so do men who commit violence against women.
- This website has information on how to escape an abusive relationship safely, as well as other valuable support.
- There’s a 24/7 help line too – 1800 737 732 (180 RESPECT).
- It’s a myth that people who are abused are weak. In fact, many abusers choose independent and strong individuals because they want the challenge. That’s fucked. Here’s an article about it by Business Insider.
Love bombing, ghosting and men who date teenagers
- Love bombing is when people charm you hard at the start then change their behaviour when you’re locked in. Here’s an article about what to watch out for.
- Ghosting sucks but it’s not about you.
- “It’s really important to remember if someone ghosts you that behavior says more about them than you,” Dr. Vilhauer said. “It’s about their discomfort.”
- Men who date teenagers are creepy. Read more.
If you or someone you know need support, here are resources that can help.
Sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling and support.24 hours a day 7 days a week
1800 737 732
Aboriginal Family Violence Response & Support Service
9am to 9pm – Monday to Friday
1800 105 303
Suicide Call Back Service
24 hours a day 7 days a week
1300 659 467
Free online and phone support and counselling to young people 12 to 25 and their families and friends.
9am to 1am (AEST)
7am to 11pm (AWST)
1800 650 890
24 hours a day 7 days a week.
1300 78 99 78
Men’s Referral Service
Monday to Friday – 8am to 9pm
Weekends – 9am to 6pm
1300 766 491